Saturday, March 10, 2018

Different thoughts

Welcome back!

A couple days ago, at the dinner table I mentioned to my mom our idea about the entire project itself. I also asked her whether or not she thought we would be able to use the nursing home I volunteer at as a place to film. My mom however said something really interesting. She asked why not do people I know?

I than began to think of this and started to thinking about doing something with different cultures and how growing up in different countries would affect you in your future.

The next day I right away mentioned it to my group. Gaby said that we could interview her boyfriend's grandparents who are Haitian, Mari and me both said we could interview either of our grandparents who are hispanic, and I than thought of my friend Leahs grandpa, who is Jewish White. And there we had it! Three interviewees, from three very different cultures and it would somewhat look like this:

Hispanic
Black
White
We than began to question whether or not doing something based on culture and stereotypes would be better than doing the life regrets and life lessons. Or maybe even doing a combination of both.
Knowing that next class we were going to meet with different peers from different groups and discuss our ideas, we decide waiting to hear their opinion would be best!

Until next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment