Thursday, March 1, 2018

Welcome

Hello to whomever is reading my blog. Today my group and I were assigned to create a short documentary film. In this blog I will be posting weekly updates of my thought development and project processing. My team includes my amazing teammates Gabriela Marcano (Gaby) and Maria Bonilla.

So lets get started...

Like the over achievers we were attempting to be, my group and I have already been brainstorming for quite some time. One week ago my teacher gave us a friendly reminder that we were to begin our projects this week. That night in our group chat, Maria was in bed watching youtube when she came upon random elderly people documentaries based on life regrets and childhood stories. She right away sent this to us and the inspiration begun!

With this in mind, I responded back saying it would be extremely interesting to try and do something similar for our documentary film. I have been volunteering for a nursing home and the thought of interviewing them was pretty cool.

Today as a group we all got together and begin to toss out random ideas. We even thought about going off our original topic and do something based on gun control and what had happened at Stoneman Douglas High School (since of course, we are right in the center of all the heat).

This however would be extremely complicated.

So... we decided to go back to our original plan but than the unanswered questions begin to arise:
"What happens if the nursing home says no?", "what exactly are we going to ask them?", "how will we ask them?", "will the interview be indirect or direct?".

With these questions in mind we decided to begin doing some research.

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment