Friday, March 23, 2018

My grandpas interview

Welcome back!

On Wednesday, my group and I finally got down to filming my grandpas interview. We did however have a lot of problems shooting. One of the main ones being that Maria's camera's battery ruined and her camera kept dying. Luckily she had brought the charger so we kept having to charge it. This however made it take much longer than it was originally planned out to be.

My grandpa also had a couple problems understanding what exactly the questions were asking and many times started speaking Spanish instead of English. But this is ok, I thought about it and the fact that sometimes he would accidentally pass over to Spanish can emphasize how he's hispanic, and highlight the different ethnicity roles we are trying to show.

During this interview my sister also had to leave halfway through my grandpas filming so we ended up not interviewing her. Instead they interviewed me. :)

Although we had many difficulties the second time around, we still managed to get through the filming. We also plan on using subtitles for my grandpa in order to make him easier to understand. Through this whole process, we also realized that we didn't have a women point of view so Maria called up her boyfriend and asked if we could borrow his grandma.. who is also hispanic.

We also plan on filming her, and agreed that the more footage we have, the better.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment